Thursday, January 13, 2011

Apple Pie

Originally Posted June 8th, 2007:

There is just something about ejecting yourself into a small quiet corner of the world. Letting all your hopes and fears dissolve into nothing. Letting it all wash away, leaving you clean. Standing before a mighty God. With open arms He welcomes you in. That is what I wish to strive for in my every day living.

But I get so easily caught up in my worldly desires. I have my wants, such as cravings for ice cream or chocolate. Maybe even a little apple pie once in a while!
That is were I end up tripping over myself. Its not as bad as falling... but its on the same lines. I guess we all wish for something better to come along in life even if we are living the dream. If you catch my drift...
That is when I should look to God. But I fail so many times... I just struggle with doing that. Why can I not just look up and hand myself over to Him? Why? Why? Why?
You know a child will ask "why?" about so many things it starts to be funny...
That must be why I feel like a child. Lonely to. With no one comforting me. Because I wont accept the comfort that is given to me in a box wrapped up nicely. I refused it.
I think its time I asked for it. I take the gift handed to me and use it for the purposes that are at hand. There is no point it letting it all rot in the gutter!
This summer I shall learn to put all I have to use that is what God wants. Not me, not anyone else. What He wants.
Then I can leave this burden at the foot of the cross and run into those open arms and understand that loneliness is simply a figment of the imagination.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment