Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sunset Party's

Originally Posted June 19th, 2007

Do you know that feeling you get before walking into a party? You feel all clammy you start to sweat a little, not knowing what is in store for the evening?

I get that each and every time. Its worse when my mind decides to play games with every person in the room. Ok, that person likes that person, that person has bla, bla bla bla. You know how it goes.
The even worse problem is when I know something is going to happen. Then I freak out. I can hardly walk into the room!
That is when after I get into my comfort zone, start to talk to people. You know open up and start to have some fun. Then its a great party.
Still it can never be as great as a bonfire with Anna at the Ruples. Oh the memory's.
Your brother tugs your arm just as its getting good. You have to leave. Its almost ten and your brother needs sleep (grrr!) So you hop into the car hear a song blast and your brothers girlfriend calls out change of mood. As soon as silence is golden in the car the fresh sound of Coldplay rings out. Yep there goes the change of sweet mood.
But you have the window down... the wind blowing your hair askew. The lovely smell of the rain washed outdoors. Then you see the brilliant curls of red, pink, orange and a lovely cloud blue flashing about in the sky of a perfect sunset. That is when you tell yourself that this is going to be a great night.
It didn't turn out to bad. Yes I grabbed my camera and a flashlight in less then three seconds and was running like the wild child I am to the field to get some shots of this memorable event. Sure the crap that when on at the party, the stupid things you said are still there. But they fade slowly away at the awing sight of the Beauty of God.
That was when I fell to my knees and praised Him with my whole heart. I saw that no matter how many pictures I put up on myspace of His beauty you still see it as a simple sunset. Just something beautiful that hangs there.
But when you experience it for your own self. Forever that beauty is with you it never leaves. When I think of that moment when I burst into that field and I saw that brilliant sky. I get a feeling that is indescribable. I will forever link it to the night of this party, to the night when I said "God your all that will ever matter."

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment