Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Hole In The Wall

Originally Posted July 23, 2007

The pacelli crunched in my mouth echoing through the stair well. I hoped the noise that sounded louder then it was kept my sister and brother sleeping. I stoped to lean against the banister and looked at the lined up pine trees of the wallpaper.

Only one thing stood out blandish. The little pin sized hole.
The little hole that let things in...
I stared harder at it. I opened up my mind a little more and heard a still voice creeping in. God was talking, it was my turn to listen.
"You see that hole?" He asked, I nodded. "You have one yourself, its a little hole in your life, in the way you think about me and the world. Its a little hole that lets in evil and doesn't let it back out."
Stunned I just stared even harder at the little hole. Slowly that hole grew bigger in my mind. I saw the many things that crawl in, all covered with nasty things, but looking so harmless at first.
"Let those things out the front door and patch that hole." God said. I looked harder inside myself, allowing my eyes to see the real face of the things I let in. I was frightened now. I had been listening to these voices all along, these things in such a disguise. God's voice had been covered with their own little dripping voices.
I cried out for help, I noticed my problem. God gave me the key and I let them out. I tried to patch the hole, but the things just broke my seal and hopped back inside. I sat on the floor. "Jesus, why cant I patch it up?" I cried out to Him. He gave a sweet chuckle and bent down to face me.
"Oh my child, the things you must be told over and over again" He smiled at me and took my hand. "I will help you patch this hole, because I have the strongest seal. My blood"
Now that my hole is gone. Now that the things no longer crawl back in and distort my thinking. I see that God is still there. God never left, but I was wrongly distracted from Him.
Now I keep a wary eye out for the next hole that might pop in. I don't fear not being able to fix it. I know that God will patch it for me. When I ask for His help.
Because...
He sealed it before.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment