Thursday, January 13, 2011

Face to Face

Originally Posted July 20th, 2007

I look up from my monkey to the sky all splattered with stars, it looks like it will turn out to be a better night then expected.

After a fine dash through open fields and a little tree bending on the side, oh with deer chasing and some re inaction of Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. I am feeling soft and cozy next to the fire and crowd of people. The family is close, and safe, the world is shut out and shut up from its crazy screaming, day and night. For a few hours its just us the moonlight and the fire and our warm company that keeps us up and running.
The taste of wine fresh on my tongue and the little bit of cheesecake still resting on my plate. As a young man is introduced on the blacker then black asphalt he stands on. A bag of pipes in one hand and strewn over his shoulder. He hoists them up and fills them with the air of his lungs.
Before you can breathe in the sweet scent of the fresh night a new song is starting. One filled with sorrowing notes, and crisp with feeling. The silence is strong, whipping out all around you. Being lost in this place of excitement and wonder, the faces around you no longer want to be spoken to, the faces around you drift through time and space.
But one face stands out before you, it stands out in the stars, the navy colored sky, the freshness of the air. The face of God. It swings from the music that is forced from the bagpipes with every movement of the fingers, with every breathe of air. The face of God leans down into mine. We are now face to face.
Though I can not see clearly what it looks like its a face all the same. For a moment I have disappeared into this wondrous face. The power of His presence over whelms me.
Then I grip the small stuffed child's monkey tighter in my hands. Suddenly guffaws of laughter and imitations of Irish Step dancing break out and the song takes a lighter tone. The face is now gone, the feelings have gone back to there previous state, but yet they feel the change that was in the cool night air. That presence of God.
He didn't say anything to me, He didn't even acknowledge me, but I was just another person feeling the closeness of God of being face to face with Him.
I feel moved, stronger, braver, closer to my Creator. The feelings that pulse through my heart are bursting with energy. Yet my head falls into my hands and my eyes droop with the heaviness of lack of sleep. But still there is an energy that drives me on to write something. To write the words the Lord gives me. The words that lift Him up the words that show who He is and explain a little more of Himself to the rest of the world.
Our God is a great God. I praise Him with my whole body, spirit and soul. Because His presence is stronger then the thousands of words He speaks to me.
Because meeting someone face to face is always better then a telephone call

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment