Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Originally Posted August 15th, 2007

I leaned back and shifted to a more comfortable position on my old camping chair. The poor fire was dying out to little more then ashes and coals. Still I was hoping as I always hope, that I could pull a little more out of this day.

But it had already emptied itself fully to me. I had a wonderful time enjoying it. Now I shiver slightly and try to push my half asleep body towards the front door and my nice warm bed. Something still tells myself to wait. Wait for an answer, a person, a voice?
Dark is closing in faster now, the noises are louder and stronger. Closer since the light it fading. No! I will not let those things get me, they will not pull me down tonight. I can with hold it all.
The voice that I waited for, the hand that reached down. It smoothed the hair from my face, the lips kissed my forehead gently. Calmness was all that I felt now, just a peace with the world, pain and fear had subsided. I was free.
The voice said to me "You can not with hold it, you need me, do you see that?"
The voice was calm as the waters on the sea. The voice reverberated about the chambers of my mind. "Lord" I whispered, "Thank you." He only nodded and pointed toward the door of the house.
"Go to sleep my little one, so that you may be refreshed, for in the morning you start my work."
So I did.
And sleep I will, until day dawns at my door and no more can I lie about in bed pondering the things of the deep.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment