Thursday, January 13, 2011

And He Show's Himself

Originally Posted June 26, 2007

I put off typing this blog until now. Because I was way to tired to do it last night. But I new that I was supposed to write it because it whats has been on my heart since the summer started.

Now this is nothing amazing but I am going to write it in my style. So here goes.
I took a good glance at the sky yesterday, noticing that it was nearing sunset and it would be a beautiful time to take pictures. So as all photographers do they grab their cameras and race off into the realm of photography.
I seemed to race away from everything I had been struggling with. Only to have it come flying back at me.
God was waiting for me at the top of the hill. He covered the sun with a cloud so I would not be distracted from His presence. I gave Him a welcoming smile, but He did not take me into His arms as He always does. Instead the wind beat at my already cold shoulders.
"This wasn't how it started... this wasn't how it was going to end," I told myself. God replied.
"Why do you let these things stand between us?" I took a close look at the ground that was between God and I.
I laugh at what I saw "There is nothing there!" He just told me to look again. So I did.
That was when I saw many little tiny things popping up, mostly things I thought harmless to my relationship with God. But it stood as an overwhelmingly large brick that stood between God and I.
"This is what stands between you and I," He said looking down at me. "Like the cloud that covers the sun, it blocks out some light but not all."
I looked up at the sky, never did I want to be lost from God forever. Once you experience how much He loves you there is no turning back.
"But Lord, I can never remove all these, some are human nature, just things you do in the world today."
Again He looked at me, eyes filled with pity. "No excuses my child, you must learn to not be of this world. To know that you have eternal help from on High."
At that I could stand it no longer, I hungered for His presence to see His hand in my life again. To see His light.
So I asked. And I was given.
As I ran into His open arms as free as a child He whispered to me something I should never forget.
"All you need is me."
The cloud parted from the sun and the sight that stood before me was like biting into a fresh juicy strawberry. I let it fill me to the brim as I took as many pictures as I could. When I turned back to where God was standing I saw that He had gone.
But no fear raked my body and mind. No I stood there with a goofy grin on my face, remembering the words that were spoken to me.
That was when He showed Himself to me.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment