Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fish Through Colored Glass

Originally Posted June 15th, 2007

I burn my finger using a hot glue gun. It is the thumb, it hurts really bad. Goes through little spasms... it will feel fine then it will heat up like a stove and burn till I want to scream. Maybe I should go get more ice.

This past week has been just like that finger. On and off. Horrible one moment the best thing ever the next. But I held on to God, and He really helped me pull right through. It was a great feeling each time I started to realise that I had some were to stand when I felt down or bummed out.
I think I have to agree with that quote even more now. Bethany found it one day. It talks about not leaving life with out being burned up and thoroughly used up. I think that is how I want to leave this earth. We love the things that are most useful to us. Then we start to use it the most.
I want to be the person God uses, maybe in small ways. But I want to be used in anyway. As long as I am helpful.
Last night Gabby said that she was very happy that I was working for her business. In side that made me feel good. That I wasn't just a lazy bum, but that I was helping out more then I thought!
I don't feel like that with God.
I feel like I have sat on my butt to much. He has a job for me to do. No He hasn't reveled it yet, but I should be searching and testing out the ground I stand on. Removing myself from my comfort zone. Working with Him not against Him.
But for now I can content myself with the fact that I need patience right now. It will all unfold neatly as long as I follow the voice in my head. I need to stand up and share the word God has given me no matter how much I shake and tremble to stand in front of the world.
Fear should not be our enemy when we work for God. It should be tramped into the ground and forever locked away. Fear should not be apart of us when we work for God. Because all it does is hinder us. It hinders us from walking forward in the Lord. It holds us back from an amazing relationship, amazing things that are held in store for us.
So hold fast to what we believe in no matter what makes its way to the door of our heart. Let in only Jesus and you will be saved.
Then follow Him and do His work better then the next person.
Without fear.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment