Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Plung

Originally Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007

Imagine a pond. Crystal clear water laping at the sandy beach. Your toes wiggle around squishing in the muck. Suddenly you know it's time. Sweat it rolling down your back, your bathing suit it stuck to you in every place. The heat is so intense you just need to cool off. You race around the edge of that pond. You clatter across the wooded deck, careful of splinters. You go racing on, letting the ground rush by. Then you let yourself fly.

The wind blows through your ears as you arch neatly into the water. It touches the tips of your fingers first. You let it rush the rest of the way up your body. Letting it's cooling touch soothe your summer hot skin. The sweat and the dirt are washed away, you push upwards towards the sky. You break up out of the water and take a deep breath. Alowing memories of the past, both good and bad come racing back to you.

This is the first plung of summer.

I grabbed a Jones soda at lunch the other day. That certain pop company decided to put a wonderful little Fortune cookie saying in the pop top. So I quoet. "To reach distant places, one has to take the first step."

In that I find plunging into a pond for the first time in that summer is like taking a first step. In that I see God.

I see God in many things. But in this I really see God.

I am searching for so many things. Trying to decide what I should do for the summer. And all God tells me to do is take the first step.

That very first plung, into cool, clear, refreshing water.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment