Saturday, May 30, 2009

It Never Happened

Originally Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007

When I am sad, distraught or having trouble with life, I find that writing a blog can help me sort it all out. I sort of talk to God while I am doing it. I let His thoughts be mine.

I had many disappointments happen to me this past week/weekend. No they were not big ones that I should cry over. But I should accept them with a better attitude. Be more grateful for what I have. Not sulk about because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do.

I see the many expectations that I have are full of selfish desire. That is not something that is holy or of God. I am terrible saddend by that fact. The fact that I have been a jerk, not only towards other people, but towards God.

See I am already feeling better!

Now we all have our hopes and plans and expectations. But don't let them rule out your life. Yes sometimes we need to lower our expectations for lets say, getting a million dollars (cause I highly doubt that will ever happen) What I think, instead of watching yourself having to deal with all this disappointment because people enjoy changing plans! Let God's plans be yours. Let Him rule over your life, not your expectations. God has expectations to! Expectations that He wants you to fulfill!

So now I see that I need to sit back, stop my sulking and being selfish. Then I need to ask God and LISTEN to what He wants me to do.

Then after that I think that disappointment will be lessened.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment