Saturday, May 30, 2009

Curse the Cancel Button

Originally Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It brings tears to my eyes and an ache in my throat. And you know how many times a day I feel disappointment. Oh to many times to tell.

But why don't we just turn to God on that day when we get those tears in our eyes, or that ache in our throat and that awful feeling in your stomache, saying "Everything has gone wrong, this wasn't suposed to happen"

Why not instead say, "Praise the Lord! All my plans our ruined!" then jump up and down cheering.

But then at the same time that seems as if we are mocking God, blaming Him for all our troubles. That is why when we bring up the topic of dissapointment, most people get confused.

I say, when things go wrong just praise the Lord. Not for your problems, but because His plan is better then anyone elses. I mean all you have to do is that and then you feel just a little bit better. I am not saything things are going to go your way. No! you will just understand that God is with you through this whole thing. No matter what the problem is, when you praise God during it... well the outcome is not what is expected.

So next time I write a heartfelt, long blog then acidentaly press the cancle button. I will not say "God, please, please, please, please let it come back!" I will say "God let your will be done."

Now I look back on that and I say, "Obviously He wanted me to write a blog on disappointment, rather then my hopes and plans for the summer. Because I bet that people are going to get more out of a blog about disappointment then hopes and plans."

In all that it makes me feel, much, much, much better then any old ice cream shake.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment