Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Beauty

Originally Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007

I took a nice long walk today. It was very pleasent not to hot or cold. Just a gentle breeze to pull some more frizz out of my hair. I walked down into my woods, feeling closed up inside the house. The trees are finally green. So green its shocking. But I enjoyed it throughly.

I made my way out into a field filled with dandylions. I snatched some up and began a chain. As my fingers happily worked away and my feet carried me up the hill. My mind started a conversation with God.

Most people would think that I was praying. No, it was a sincere conversation, such as the kind you have on a telephone. I chatted to Him about all my problems. Everything I have to deal with in life right now. Then I climb a tree.

Up there nearly touching the sky. I forgot everything and just gazed out at the beauty of God. Then I thought to myself "God really is beautiful."

I climbed back down from that tree, ran back to my house and as I looked up at the sun flitering through the leaves on a tree. God bent over and took my hand. I looked up into His eyes and He said "No child. I am not beautiful." I just stared at Him. Millions of thoughts rattled through my head. Then He spoke again.

"I am beauty."

So everything folded itself up and I was no longer caught up in worries of the world. I was set free of all that hindered me from joy. Because there really is a God out there that loves me and cares for me more then anything else in the world.

So take a deep breathe of this wonderful summer air and enjoy.

-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment