Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Porch Conversation's With God

Originally Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007

I sat on my porch tonight and talked to God. Most people wouldn't be able to understand that. Maybe I could explain...

You walk out into the cold with a cup of sleepytime tea held in your hands, slowly warming you. The gentle rocking of the swing and the sweet warmth of the tea slowly bring in floods of memories.

The laughter and giggles of hot chocolate with your best friends. The funny movies you made with your cousins on Christmas Day. The blankets you snuggled under with your little brother while laughing at his Donald Duck impressions. The conversations with God.

I poured out my feelings to Him and you know what, He turned my face to look up at the stars wheeling before me in the night sky. The gentle swaying of the dogwood blossoms, lightly luminated by the moonlight. I forgot my worries and my troubles. They were no longer hindering me. I talked to God.

He comforted me with His gentle words.

Then your tea is slowly getting cold, you sip it remembering His words. Then you slid out of your swing, make your way to the door and with one last look at the moonlite sky you walk inside.
-GAM

No comments:

Post a Comment